OBAMA WON - AMERICA WINS!

November 5th is a day of new possibility. It's a about new direction with capable leadership! I am inspired, excited and hopeful for all of the world to change! Let's PRAY for Barack Obama and for our country that I am SO PROUD OF! November 5th 2008, our brother, Barack Obama was elected as America's first black president! Instantaneously this unleashed a renewed love for the United States after years of dwindling respect from around the world. People around the globe poured out onto the streets to celebrate! It reminds me of a bible verse: Proverbs 29:2 - When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan. What even Pro-life, thus Pro-McCain voters didn't understand, is that it's not JUST about America.Our leadership is about the whole world! And that was the thing I couldn't explain to them. Although I feel strongly about protecting the "unborn", and we need someone to address that issue. Feel me as I say, people across Africa stayed up all night or woke before dawn to watch U.S. history being made! Indonesia, where Obama lived as child, hundreds of students at his former elementary school exploded in cheers when he was declared winner! Nelson Mandela said his victory demonstrated that no person anywhere in the world should not dare to dream of wanting to change the world for a better place! Many expressed amazement that the United States could overcome centuries of racial strife and elect a black man as president. This is the fall of the Berlin Wall times ten! Rama Yade, France's black junior minister for human rights, told French radio. "America is becoming a New World. "On this morning, we all want to be American so we can take a bite of this dream unfolding before our eyes," she said. Obama is overwhelmingly popular even in Europe, another region that looked eagerly to an Obama administration! Poland's Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski spoke of "a new America with a new credit of trust in the world." Obama's victory was greeted with cheers across Latin America, a region that has felt some negativity from the Bush years. From Mexico to Chile, leaders expressed hope for warmer relations based on mutual respect — a quality many felt has been missing from U.S. foreign policy. Venezuela and Bolivia, which booted out the U.S. ambassadors after accusing the Bush administration of meddling in their internal politics, said they were ready to reestablish diplomatic relations, and Brazil's president was among several leaders urging Obama to be more flexible toward Cuba. Rio de Janeiro, people expressed a mixture of joy, disbelief, and hope for the future! One person from there saying, "The United States is a country to dream about, and for us black Brazilians, it is even easier to do so now." This is the first African-American destined to sit in the Oval Office, Gen. Colin Powell, Rice, and so many others even John Mccain gave props to Obama and his leadership! This is an exciting time yawl!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speech, my man...we did it! the only disappointment was that I didn't get to see your home state go gloriously blue. regardless, this a moment we can all be proud of!C. Crowley

mysoul said...

Hi there Speech !

As you've mentionned on your post, Barack's aura has crossed borders for a long time now. The Obamamania is very perceptible in France, where I live. My friends, family, co-workers, and I are all conscious to be the lucky witnesses of a major Historical event !

Last year, I read one of the greatest books ever written about music, Richard Powers' "The Time Of Our Singing". I strongly recommand it to you if you don't know it, cause it basically changed my life. I don't wanna tell much about it here, but I learnt so much about the American Culture and History through this novel that it helped me a lot in understanding the extent of what just happened on november 4th, 2008.

Great and instructive blog btw, I wanted to post your wonderful creation "Yes We Can" that you just uploaded to your myspace profile, on my personnal blog. I have just issued a note about Obama inspired songs earlier today and I thought it would fit perfectly, but apparently, the song can't be downloaded. You should put it on youtube or Imeem so that we could embed it more easily...

Kind regards from Paris,

Emily

JMS said...

Hey brother, I think you'll like my latest post on Obama's win. Stop by and show some love if you do. :)

http://gsdisciple.blogspot.com/

Bless ya man,
JMS

David E. Allred, M.Div. said...

Congrats!

I was very happy to see such a great turnout and such a good spirit on the part of the winners and losers in this election.

My prayer is that God will be glorified, walls will come crashing down, and PEACE will reign supreme.

Here's to Obama, I will faithfully serve and pray for him. I didn't vote for him-- he almost got me there, but none of that matters. He's our man, and he can count on me in his corner.

Congrats to all, it is truly one of the greatest moments in American history. I am so happy to have lived to see it!!!!!

Abuja said...

Obama has crossed the finish line.Obama Won - America Wins... so true.

Sure, he's not going to be a cross between a Saint, Robert/John F Kennedy, and Martin Luther King and people are going to feel let down when he isn't all those things.

But just as McCain represented the tired old politics of an age gone by there is every promise that Obama can engage with the world as it is. Wish him well.

Anonymous said...

I must say that I am very encouraged to see the Love from McCain supporters. I do have a theory as to WHY even they feel some optimism with an Obama presidency despite their disagreements with his views.
The scriptures say:Proverbs 16:7
When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.

I'm not implying that Obama is perfect, just saying that I believe God was pleased with HOW he ran his campaign, thus even his enemies were able to be at peace with His victory.

Sp

Anonymous said...

Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are


http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_win_causes_obsessive

This absolutely cracks me up!

peace
jj

David E. Allred, M.Div. said...

A friend asked me a tough question today after I said that I was happy for America, and even welled up with a few tears after he won. He said, "Why did you vote for McCain if seeing Obama win made you so happy?" He didn't ask it in a very nice tone.

No answer I gave was good enough for him. I guess there's this feeling that everyone who was for McCain had to be against Obama. That just wasn't the case for me at all. I've always been a swing-voter, mostly because neither party seems to fully capture the issues. I guess truth be told I'm probably a Libertarian... I want government out of my wallet and out of my bedroom.

I hate the way politics polarize people. The issues are so complex that you just about have to shut off a portion of your brain to land squarely in one camp or the other.

At any rate, I did cry tears of joy to see Obama elected. He's not going to be a perfect President, and even if he was, last time I checked, 2,000 years ago we had a perfect person on this planet and that one still managed to get crucified because the world just had too much hate.

Still, I am hopeful. And I must say its nice to see the world respond with so much joy at the American dream... where else can you grow up with all the cards stacked against you and still become one of the most esteemed men on the planet?

God Bless Obama, God Bless All of You, and God Bless America.

Anonymous said...

Words well spoken.

Speech

jjboogie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jjboogie said...

I am just relieved to finally hear the late night jokes now about Obama.

Eight years of Bush jokes got old REAL FAST!!!!

So far they have been in good taste and actually funny.

JMS said...

My only concern is that Obama may have to appoint a supreme court justice or two. If he does before he realizes the awful truth of what's at stake it will set back the human rights movement to overturn Roe v. Wade for decades...meaning millions more will pay with their lives. I just cannot see God pardoning a country for this no matter how good they are in other areas. I'll be praying for a heart change and that Obama wakes up and cuts his ties with those who perpetuate such genocide. I could then be able to support him fully in good conscience and accept him as a morally upright leader.

I'm just glad I'm not alone in this and that there are others who are sounding the call as well:

http://www.blackgenocide.org/black.html

But the good news is that we didn't elect a president who is bent on taking us to war with Iran or other middle eastern nations that oppose us. For that, I'm grateful Obama won.

Blessings to all,
JMS
gsdisciple.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, JMS!

You hit me hard with that post! I went to the site and clicked on the fetus's that were aborted and it made me sick to my heart!

We have been talking much and you know my views on the politics of this issue. To remind you, it's always been a polarizing issue that hasn't brought the results you & I, and i believe most people hope for.

I do think the site you suggested made a false statement by saying that voting for a Pro-choice candidate is voting for black genocide.
NO, a person agreeing to GET an abortion is voting for black genocide. Nobody forces them to do it. and a law allowing them to do it doesn't force them to do it.

1 Corinthians 10:23
"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive.

Killing is a sin and so is Lust. Both are permissible but not constructive, nor right!

Again, I am fine with changing the laws to allow no abortions except for certain reasons. However, so many "Pro-life" activist feel the most effective way to get those laws changed are by attacking peoples morals and Christianity. That's is NOT the way to do it. If it was, it would have worked years ago.

You see you & I have been able to talk back and forth on this issue without it polarizing us. Or demonizing us. I believe that is possible with most people.

Instead too many "pro-lifers" perform broad character assassinations on candidates and other people who believe differently than they do.

The bible says:
1 Thessalonians 5:15
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

Love
SPEECH

Anonymous said...

Dear Speech!

I voted McCain, but feel peace about Obama being our next President.

This peace stems from the hope that he will lead based on the ideals and discipline you and Arrested Development have promoted these many years.

Thanks for all you do!

Peace and grace,
SD