Change We Can Believe In

Change” is the buzz-word after an historic day last Tuesday… Here are a few thoughts on change—please pass this along to those that might need the encouragement. Hope you have an Energized week! Ok, Giving an opinion about how others need to change is easy; taking personal responsibility for change is more difficult. I've learned that it's very easy to suggest how others need to change, but difficult to see the same need in yourself. For example, I've seen people complain that another person doesn't take responsibility to communicate with them. My suggestion is always the same, “How about you take the first step and go to them.” A wonderful rule of thumb is to determine what action you need to take, before you expect others to take action. Change always works best when we take the responsibility to make it happen ourselves. · What responsibility do I need to take in this situation? · Am I taking personal responsibility to get my needs met? · Am I draining my energy by being upset that others are not cooperating? If so, what do I need to do about that? · Am I procrastinating by waiting on others to provide me with information? · What stops me from taking the responsibility to get started? · What do I need to do to make things happen? There are two quotes that sum up this up: “If you have no will to change it, you have no right to criticize it.” - Anon "Rebellion against your handicaps gets you nowhere. Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world - making the most of one's best." Harry Emerson this is from my good friend Kit Cummings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am from Denmark but follow the situation very closely what happens in the US.

Dear Arrested D

The Internationale bankers have been in constant war with the American people and made sure to keep the afro Americans as slaves and blame all the problems on them. The US is like the apartheid South Africa. Just in a more indirect way.

Divide and conquer. To make the white and the black folks hate each other and to create some drama so they are to busy fighting each other then focusing on the real problem.

This is not about the puppet Bush or Obama. They are just frontment for the big corporation and the international bankers.

Did you know that the FED is not owned by you the American public but is a privately owned bank!

They print money out of thin air and change you interest on it. It is monopoly money.

The banks can loan 10 times and more out of the money they have in the deposit and charge interest. The banks getting some of the made up money can do the same thing.

This is a scam and most people do not believe it because they are not hearing about it in the corporate owned media that only keep you away from the truth and sprew propaganda.

It is time that we the people join hands and claim our freedom from this prison planet we are all living on.

No one are free. We are all slaves. And when we acknolice this truth then we get one step closer to freeing our mind.

Remember the biggest slaves are those that think they are free when they are not.

http://video. google. com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173
Best wishes

Bjarke

Anonymous said...

Word!​ Well roare​d,​ lion!​

Anonymous said...

Thank you brother, This is a belief that not nearly enough of us struggle with on a daily basis. Weve all got our demons and apathy is one of mine, many people have tried to break my spirit over the years but I've come to realise that when they succeed it is only because I'v taken the path of laziness and self pity. Inside I know there is know there is no white horse that is going to get us out of this mess, we must roll up our sleaves and do it ourselves. That is the most empowering ideal I carry. Thank you for the reminder!
your friend, Nick

JMS said...

Speech, once again, blessings brother. I hope you and your family (and the AD family as well!) are having a fantastic week. This is another excellent post and one that I agree with you on.

I also wanted to lovingly press you on your committment to aiding our new President in governing wisely and justly. As I've mentioned before, the only issue where he is in direct opposition to human rights is the issue of abortion-on-demand. I'm asking you, along with every other supporter of Obama (who I now also support, as he has won our election and is soon to be our God-appointed leader, as per Romans 13) to PLEASE sign this petition and let him know what the will of the people truly consists of:

http://www.fightfoca.com

He has promised the lobbyists of Planned Parenthood that this will be THE FIRST thing he does as President (his exact words). Please help him see the grave danger and injustice of signing such an Act.

This is a non-partisan issue and even most who consider themselves pro-choice are opposed to the proposed legislation.

If we speak out, we can change a country's conscience on injustice...just ask William Wilberforce, Susan B. Anthony, and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Blessings, my friend!

JMS